Health and Safety
Oak Business Services Ltd.
Health and Safety general policy statement
At Oak Business Services Ltd we recognise our duties under the Health and Safety at Work etc.. Act 1974 and associated regulations. We will endeavour to meet the requirements of this legislation and maintain a safe and healthy working environment. Our Managers and Supervisors are informed of their responsibilities to ensure they take all reasonable precautions, to ensure the safety, health and welfare of those that are likely to be affected by the operation of our business.
Oak Business Services Ltd recognises its duty to make regular assessment of the hazards and risks created in the course of our business.
We also recognise our duty, so far as is reasonably practicable:
- to provide adequate control of the health and safety risks so identified;
- to consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety;
- to provide and maintain safe plant and equipment;
- to ensure the safe handling and use of substances;
- to provide information, instruction, training where necessary for our workforce;
- to ensure that all workers are competent to do their work, and to give them appropriate training;
- to prevent accidents and cases of work related ill health;
- to maintain safe and healthy working conditions;
- to actively manage and supervise health and safety at work,
- to have access to competent advice;
- to review annually and revise, as necessary, this policy;
- to provide adequate resources for its implementation; and
- to provide the resource to give this policy effect.
- our duty to co-operate and work with other employers when we work at premises or sites under their control to ensure the continued health and safety of all those at work; and
- our duty to co-operate and work with other employers and their workers, when their workers come onto our premises or sites to do work for us, to ensure the health and safety of everyone at work.